Image: Sunny Day at Testing Grounds in 2017.
When the site is open to the public we welcome you to use the outdoor space. Come and have a meeting, access the free wi-fi, do a dance, rehearse, take a photo, film something, draw, move things around and explore the space. We are part of Melbourne’s Arts Precinct and surrounded by major galleries, public institutions, creative organisations and gardens to draw inspiration from.
We love it when people just come down and use the space (for free!) and we love to meet new people, so simply tell us about yourself below and we will be sure to say hello! You can also come and say hello on site.
For groups of 15 people or more, or projects with loud noise or that may make permanent changes to the site, or are considered to be high-risk activity please be in contact as we will endeavor to accommodate you through another program.
You can send us an email email@example.com
As a creative practitioner in this program, you will be offered:
- Outdoor space and a picnic table (or two) during our standard open hours;
- Free internet;
- Unisex toilets on site;
- Moveable steel plinths and hanging frames, designed as creative infrastructure;
- Drinking water;
- A friendly team who will happily assist with basic requirements.
We are looking for creative practitioners who:
- Are community-minded and want to hang out with us;
- Are interested in public space and working outdoors;
- Creative practitioners will show respect for the site and the community but put things back where they found them and keeping the site clean for others.