Image: public art workshop in 2019.
Testing Grounds has a dedicated indoor space and outdoor site, for education-related activities and groups. Since 2013 we have had a wide range of education-related activities on the site, including high school classes, events and exhibitions, and university courses, workshops, embedded studios and public events.
The application process is as simple as submitting an EOI form below telling us the education-related activity you would like to do on-site and we will see how we can help you.
Using the site comes with a small site-hire levy, which helps us to continue to offer our programs. You can download a PDF information package here.
We will happily meet and greet your group – giving an introduction to Testing Grounds, talking about the history of the site, the unique infrastructure and the programs, as well as answer questions from the group.
What is available when booking Testing Grounds
- Flexible Indoor space, suitable for up to 40 people
- Outdoor space which is suitable or up to 300 people
- Free internet
- Unisex toilets on site
- Tables and bench seating
- Access to a simple kitchen and water
- A welcome and site induction from our friendly staff
- Vehicle access for those with accessibility needs
- Lots of parking next door, neighbouring museums, creative institutions, parks and access easy access to the CBD
We can provide a quote in response to your expression of interest. But as a general guide, Site-hire levies are as follows:
- Half-Day- $120
- Full-Day- $240
- weekly rate- $1100
- Evening event (includes a full-day bump in)- $700
*All outdoor space bookings some with the indoor space.
With industry experience and academic expertise in art, design and creative practice, we can also co-facilitate and teach creative workshops with you and on-site or deliver presentations on-site or online.
Co-facilitation starts at $400, with a minimum of 3 hours + $70 for every hour after that.
We can deliver 1-hour presentations (40 mins + 20 mins Q + A) on the following topics:
- Proposals, Proposals, Proposals: writing applications, exhibition proposals and pitching
- Presenting Yourself Online: publicity, marketing, social media and websites
- Project Management Guru: budgets, time blocking, project constraints and producing tips
- Not Waiting for Inspiration: creative development strategies
- On Taking Time: working with communities and building relationships
And if none of this whets your appetite we also have an open access portal with worksheets and information to help guide professional creative practice.