ARTIST CALL OUT INFORMATION
Accepting EOIs for Fringe projects until the 26th of May 2017.
Testing Grounds will curate a multi-disciplinary Fringe Festival (14 Sep – 1 Oct) program of visual art, new media art, live-art, dance and performance projects that are site-responsive, take calculated risk and are experimental in their form. There will be no venue hire fees for all selected projects, and Testing Grounds does not take commissions for any tickets or artworks sold. EOIs are open now.
This program will provide free space for high quality and ambitious projects with a preference for projects that don’t necessarily fit in to the programs and frameworks offered by other key festival venues.
As a suggestion only, this might include projects that have the following characteristics:
- Unusual in duration or temporal characteristics (once off, accumulative, endurance, extremely long or super short)
- Cross-disciplinary (hybrid projects or collaborations with other disciplines)
- Explore new and emerging models of creative practice (projects that don’t know where they sit in the festival guide categories or are considered experimental)
- Performances that are not ticketed or are financially risky (that other venues are less willing to support)
- Discursive and education projects (workshops, talks and forums)